Monday, September 22, 2014

Plain Organized: Paint Swatch Class Labels

With almost 800 students, the only way I can keep on top of things is to really, really, get organized (whether I like it or not).  Being a visual person (OBVIOUSLY), I color-code grade levels starting with Kindergarten being Red and so on...



To keep the projects straight, I collected paint swatch samples from various paint stores, labeled with class codes, and laminated. I keep them in a small basket with a whole schmear of binder clips - right next to my organizer/sorter.  At one school, I have a swell hand-me-down office mail sorter thing, at the other school, I use a giant Rubbermaid bin.  It's pink, 'cause I live with all boys.  



When a class paints, the paint card gets clipped onto the drying rack with their work - so that it's right there for me when I stack them back up to put away.


No comments:

Post a Comment